Code of Ethical Standards
Declaration of Principles
Members of the Alabama Performance Excellence Award Board of Examiners pledge to uphold their professional principles in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
In promoting high standards of public service and ethical conduct, Board Members:
- Shall conduct themselves professionally, with truth, accuracy, fairness, and responsibility to their public;
- Shall not represent conflicting or competing interests, nor place themselves in such a position where the Board Members’ interest may be in conflict, or appear to be in conflict, with the purposes and administration of the Award;
- Shall safeguard the confidences of all parties involved in the judging or examination processes, of present or former applicants, including such information disclosed in the context of communications relating to an anticipated professional relationship with potential applicants;
- Shall not accept retainers, commissions, or valuable consideration from those past or present Award applicants or interested parties in exchange for offering confidential information or disclosures which may in any way influence the Award integrity process, currently or in the future;
- Shall not serve any private or special interest in fulfillment of the duties of a Judge or Examiner, therefore, excluding, by definition, the examination of any company, division, or business unit of which he/she is employed or of which a consulting arrangement is in effect or anticipated;
- Shall not serve as an examiner of a primary competitor of any company or business unit of which he/she is employed or of which a consulting arrangement is in effect or anticipated;
- Shall not intentionally communicate false, or misleading information that may compromise the integrity of the Award process or decisions therein.
Reference Form (PDF file)